Apple cider vinegar has many amazing abilities. It strengthens hair, moisturizes and gives it shine. Honestly, I haven’t found a conditioner that makes my hair shinier!
This super simple hair rinse makes my hair look great! Plus, it’s easy and affordable!
1 part Apple Cider Vinegar (be sure to buy raw, unfiltered ACV like this )
1 part Water
Mix apple cider vinegar and water in a container. For best results, put it in a spray bottle so that you can spread it evenly over your hair and scalp. After shampooing, rinse your hair with the ACV water mix. Massage it into your scalp. Leave it in for a few minutes and then rinse out. I like to use this body wash while I wait for the ACV to do it’s magic. No need to use conditioner!
I’ll be honest, this method has some pros and cons.
- It works really well to soften your hair and give it shine
- It’s super inexpensive
- It’s easy to make
- It’s light weight and won’t weigh your hair down like some conditioners.
- the smell of vinegar disappears completely
- It’s conditioning doesn’t give my hair enough moisture since I have naturally dry hair and live in a dry climate. I find that I have to alternate between this and another moisturizing conditioner like this one.
- I like to air-dry my hair which means my hair smells like vinegar for a little while!
Have you found this method works for you? What do you like to use for conditioner?